1. The Daring Novelist
    The Daring Novelist at | | Reply

Hmmmm….

I am more inspired by courageous characters. That is, when that crazy visceral passion hits me, it’s the character who inspired it, and who drives me.

It’s a wonderful, crazy, elating feeling, though, isn’t it?

1. Morgan Dragonwillow
      Morgan Dragonwillow at | | Reply

I guess writing fiction and writing non-fiction are totally different for me. Yes when I have courageous characters on an adventurous journey, I do feel pumped, inspired and it does drive me. But writing Enough is Enough was very different, very personal and it left me feeling very raw. When I think of raw writing I think of Eve Ensler and how very brave she was to write about something so raw that the whole world stood up to take notice. I strive to be deeply honest in my writing of both fiction and non-fiction. That journey seems to be quite hard for me. I think because I have walled off feelings that I hadn’t realized I walled off until I started writing and trying to tap into those feelings.

Thanks for stopping by, it is always a pleasure to see you.

Peace,
      Morgan

2. KM Huber
    KM Huber at | | Reply

Am so glad you are finding writing prompts that take you beneath the surface, which is a scary place but knocking down those walls, as you say, is so worth it as it affects every part of one’s life.

Each time I visit your blog, there are new horizons for you, Morgan, and it’s exciting. As the Daring Novelist says, it is elating as a writer and as one of your readers, my world is better for your words.

Peace,
    Karen

1. Morgan Dragonwillow
      Morgan Dragonwillow at | | Reply

Thank you Karen. I often have long periods between growth spurts but when I am in a growth period it is always in leaps and bounds. Probably because when I am ready to grow I charge ahead full steam. Even at my age I still haven’t found a medium; everything is either fast or slow.

I have much gratitude that you are journeying with me as we explore through our writing new worlds.

Peace,
      Morgan
      P.S. I just came back from thrift store shopping and I am feeling totally charged. It is one of my favorite pastimes; finding little treasures in second hand stores. That and they are always playing music that I can hum and sing along to that makes me feel even better. 😀

3. Eden Mabee
    Eden Mabee at | | Reply

It’s odd you describe this feeling right now, Morgan, and followed up by asking if we’ve experienced it, because it been happening to me lately. And it seems like it should be such a simple thing, to speak of dreams and how they propel me to achieve my goals (or the reverse works as well… with what-ifs the future seems so mutable at times). But this sense that there is something deep there that has been untouched, something that I’m almost afraid to look at because of the upset that it may cause…

Truly the search for one’s own meaning can be an exalting and terrifying place. Thank you for reminding me of that.

1. Morgan Dragonwillow
      Morgan Dragonwillow at | | Reply

May you have compassion for your process and not let anything stop you from uncovering and discovering all that is needed for your healing journey.

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon.

Peace,