1. dahnyaoch.com
    dahnyaoch.com at | | Reply

Hi Morgan! Glad to hear that Fast Draft is working for you! I absolutely love it… Candy is really on to something with it! Good luck with your goals the rest of the week!

1. Morgan Dragonwillow
      Morgan Dragonwillow at | | Reply

Yes it is intense but good! Thanks for stopping by and for your supportive word love!

Peace,
      Morgan

2. Patricia Lynne
    Patricia Lynne at | | Reply

Good luck with your goals and with Fast Draft.

1. Morgan Dragonwillow
      Morgan Dragonwillow at | | Reply

Thanks Patricia!

3. Tui Snider (@mentalmosaic)
    Tui Snider (@mentalmosaic) at | | Reply

I lose momentum on novels, too. I think that’s why the whole Fast Draft idea clicked with me. In my case, at least, my inner critic attacks me after my opening idea burst. With Fast Draft, I don’t have time to look back.

I’m really curious how Revision Hell will go – that’s when we step back into our messy first drafts and start some editing.

Your Row80 goals sound very focused and do-able. I’m excited for both of us this round!

~Tui

1. Morgan Dragonwillow
      Morgan Dragonwillow at | | Reply

I just realized I forgot to give you credit for sharing the info on Fast Draft with me. I very much appreciate it!

I found even with the Fast Draft process I was still having the same trouble at about the same place of 17,000 to 19,000 words so that is why I am using my process along with Fast Draft to help keep me going. Yes I think it is partly the inner critic and partly that I haven’t planned well enough to be able to continue to write.

I too am very much looking forward to the Revision Hell weeks and getting into the meat of editing!

I am sure that with all the support that we are giving each other and the drive to complete this that we will have a completed manuscript by the end of it.

Peace,
      Morgan

4. Joe Richardson
    Joe Richardson at | | Reply

I think a lot of ROW writers are also Fast Draft grads–and I’ve heard enough good things that I know I’m on board, next time it’s offered. I’ll be curious to hear how a two-week Fast Draft novel edit operates.

Thanks for the insight!

1. Morgan Dragonwillow
      Morgan Dragonwillow at | | Reply

I love to share insights and glad you are going to do the Fast Draft next go around. It is very helpful in the writing process. I will be sharing my experience with the two week editing process or as Candace calls it, Revision Hell.

I look forward to hearing what you think of it yourself. Thanks for stopping by!

Peace,
      Morgan

5. Tia Bach
    Tia Bach at | | Reply

Fast Draft sounds fascinating and terrifying. I’d never heard of it until this post. Something to consider. I think I’ll see how your updates go first. 🙂 Best of luck!

1. Morgan Dragonwillow
      Morgan Dragonwillow at | | Reply

Thanks Tia, it is fascinating and terrifying. When I am in the flow it feels wonderful but when I’m not it is excruciating. I am making it work though because this is the year I am going to make it happen and what ever tools I can use to achieve it I will. 🙂

Peace,