- How to Write a Book Now If you are at the beginning stages or even in the middle of a manuscript, this blog has great advice on plotting, structuring, and characters far beyond what I have found anywhere else. Make sure you go through their blog and find all the great posts that you don’t want to miss.
- Yarny As you are figuring out what you want to write, where you want to write may come up for you. Yes you can write in Microsoft Word but an even better place to write is on this website that helps keep you organized. I highly recommend clicking on the question mark in the upper right corner and watch the Getting Started Video. It gives you a quick overview to get the best out of Yarny which is FREE.
- The Digital Writer This is a phenomenal site that if you sign up you will receive a link every week to a free ebook filled with helpful information for you writing journey.
- Online Writing Groups Getting support for your writing is easier than ever before due to the internet. This blog has a list of writer’s groups that people have voted for but doesn’t list some of the ones that I am currently a part of. A Round of Words in 80 Days, on Facebook iWriteNetwork, and of course the groups that meet on Twitter such as #Wordmongering.
- How to Barf a Book If you are wanting to write a book fast this blog has some great tips. You can also try Fast Draft with Candace Havens (there is a small fee of $20). You can also join thousands of other that do a novel in a month: CampNaNoWriMo, JuNoWriMo, or NaNoWriMo and it seems Squidoo has a whole list of novel in a month groups.
- Ask Jami: How We Find Beta Readers Excellent explanation of what a Beta Reader is and how to find one.
- How to Find an Editor Great questions to ask an editor when you are looking for one. I also have this link to an editor that I am positive someone recommended but I can’t remember who, Powder River Editing that has very reasonable rates for new authors.
- Create Space If you want to publish on Amazon this is a great place to make that happen.
- To Become A Writer – Indie Authors – Promoting Your Book This blog shares how Indie writers can promote their books. You can also check out, How to Use GoodReads for Self-Promotion which gives great advice, and a caveat from Publetariat on not promoting to other indie authors that I thought made some good points.
- The Other Side of the Story Want to write a sequel? This blog breaks it down.
There of course are many more wonderful blogs for helping Indie Writers but these are the ones that I have found either most informative or most helpful to me lately. Happy Writing!
If you like this post please share with your friends.
Row80 Check In:
Please visit the other Rowers and give them your support by leaving a comment. Share the Word Love!