My blogging friend, Beth at Writer B is Me, wanted to know more about a comment that I made on her blog. She asked her readers which character on Friends they were most like and I compared myself to Phoebe because, like her, I’ve had many different types of jobs. Beth wanted to know what types of jobs I’ve had. Here you go Beth.
My youngest daughter likes to tell people I am a gypsy and that I have had jobs ranging from grave digging (I actually sold the plots and headstones) to limo driver. I originally didn’t ever want an office job and would seek out just about anything that wasn’t in an office. Of course there were times I had two or three of these at the same time.
As I remember them from first to last.
- Donut shop
- Car Wash
- (Mother because yes that is a job too)
- Burger King
- Lingerie Dept.
- Waitress/Server at Straw Hat
- Waitress/Server at a Diner
- Waitress/Server at a Burlesque Bar
- Line worker boxing Ziplocs in a factory
- forklift driver
- Tractor Parts department
- Teacher’s Asst. in Montessori Preschool
- Hair Salon asst. manager
- Horse trainer asst.
- Trailer delivery and maintenance
- Limo Driver
- Women’s Drumming Circle Facilitator
- Home Care asst.
- House Keeper
- Psychic Hotline
- Driver’s Training to mostly teenagers
- Traffic School instructor
- Sandwich order and delivery
- Real Estate Agent and Office Manager
- Receptionist at a Law office
- Sample Person in stores
- State Farm Insurance Admin Asst.
- Pacific Bell Sales
- Point of Sale for cigarettes in convenience stores and gas stations
- Newspaper Delivery
- Massage Therapist
- Furniture store asst. manager
- Shipping and Receiving
- Rape Crisis Center Admin Asst. and Victim services
- Collection Agency Admin Asst.
- Sex hotline (okay this one only lasted for one call)
- Vet Tech
- Funeral and Cemetery Sales
- Vet Tech
- Admin asst. for in house car wash for dealership
- Foot Reflexology
- Psychic/Tarot Reader
- Workshop facilitator
- Neuromuscular Massage Therapist
Is it any wonder I became a writer? Or… talk about avoiding the page.
Have you had any interesting jobs? How many jobs have you had?