Sometimes your head and your heart don’t agree, okay
usually most of the time occasionally the head will know or understand what the heart doesn’t or vice-a-versa. Logically I know that 50 is just another number and that I will just be another-day-older on my birthday but…
And that is a really big but!
My heart, or my higher self or the universe, is SCREAMING at me that I haven’t accomplished even a forth of what I wanted to by this age and let’s be realistic, people are beginning to drop like flies.
I have had more friends pass on in the last year and a half than I have over the course of my whole life (not to mention all of the people I don’t know and celebrities). AND they weren’t OLD! They were in their 50’s and 60’s – and some even younger than that. So logically it is possible that I only have a few years to a little over a decade left.
Yes I know none of us know the day we will pass on to the next life but seriously…
My Great Grandmother lived to be in her 90’s, my Grandmother is in her 80’s (she isn’t doing very well), and my mother is in her 60’s (she is only 16 years older than me and isn’t very healthy). In all likely hood I have more time than I think but I believe the key ingredient to living a long and healthy life is being happy, or at least content with your life. I am so not content with my life (and really I don’t even know a lot of people that are right now and maybe that is why they are moving on to the next life). That is why I started these blasted lists. That is why I am freaking out a
LOT bit and trying to stay calm so I can accomplish what I want to accomplish.
Yes I know that what I want and what the Universe wants aren’t always the same thing but I’m determined to figure out why the heck I’m here and what I need to do to be more content with my life (besides writing my fingers to the bone and getting my books published as fast as I’m able).
Do you feel like that sometimes?
Do you feel like time is running out on what you came into this life to do?
Are you content?
Row80 Check in
- Editing 5 pages a day of Mercury Retrograde – Not going so well. I did play around with some sample covers that you can see to the right. I have decided to stop editing while Mercury is actually in Retrograde and use the process I have spelled out in the book during this shadow timing and take the time to reconnect to my soul and lighten my load.
- Writing 500 words a day – this is going pretty well.
- Reading a book a week – Still reading Recollections and Recipes, as well as Boon Dockers.
- Checking things off of my 50 things list – It’s going rather slow. I think I need to print out the list and post it on my board so that I can look at it daily to actively work the list.
- a. (technically this one’s not on my list but it should be) I have started doing a Gratitude Journal nightly of five things I’m grateful for to help me get out of this dag blam funk.
- b. We took the girls to the Southeastern Railway Museum last Saturday.
- c. And I took a selfie pic on the train ride.
- d. Post with my list of all time favorite authors – Reading Makes a Difference, and this time I decided to write about reading before the list.
That’s it for me, how are things going for you? Do you have a 50 things list that you are working on? Have you ever created a list of 50 things of any kind? If you haven’t I challenge you to create some of your own 50 things lists.