1. De Jackson (WhimsyGizmo)
    De Jackson (WhimsyGizmo) at | | Reply

YES. This is it, exactly. Change moves us. Your poem moved me.

2. Denise D. Young
    Denise D. Young at | | Reply

“Will I make the changes that I need for me to thrive?

A question worthy of asking. Enjoyed the poem, Morgan. And this is a question I’ve been asking myself lately, especially as I try to move toward simpler, healthier living.

3. Lori Laird
    Lori Laird at | | Reply

I hope you lose the anger soon. Nicely written! Captured the reader and kept them reading until the very end.

4. Stephanie
    Stephanie at | | Reply

Sounds like a prayer. I suppose it is, in it’s own way. I like it. Worth reciting more than once. Anger does have a way of working it’s way out. Like this poem.

5. Cressida
    Cressida at | | Reply

Writing poetry is a release of feelings. Anger is a normal part of life. Staying angry for too long is not. I enjoyed your poem.

6. Carol Campbell
    Carol Campbell at | | Reply

This touches me in a personal way. Beautifully written!

7. Bastet
    Bastet at | | Reply

you’ve hit a cord that resonates in me with your poem … hopefully the anger moves on. Bastet

8. Oliana
    Oliana at | | Reply

Anger, impatience…any emotion that creates a storm does help to move us to change but it`s been my experience sometimes to ride the storm before making the change:) Hope you find sunshine along the way. I truly enjoyed your poem.

9. clothespeggedpat
    clothespeggedpat at | | Reply

Anger, fury , rage … sit and stew and brew and sometimes, despite all our efforts, to allow it expression, to let it air itself out, to dig deep into the roots …. nothing seems to allow it to run itself dry … the flames still burn …. and it’s frustrating, challenging, difficult …. because we know that we haven’t found the “true trigger” … and so it is we keep looking … or stop and settle in its path …

Perhaps a change of pace – doing something, immersing yourself into a one-day retreat of some kind – something that you normally wouldn’t consider … might help allow for the distance and perspective you need now, in the moment, until the issues are resolved.

The other day, against better judgement and physical capabilities …. I walked for miles … even knowing the ultimate pain price I would pay …. but it was worth it …. for it diffused all the staunched pain, anger, and allowed me to recognize some valuable insights …. which, although it doesn’t “solve” my issues completely, allows me to handle things better.

Wishing you peace and serenity – a healing balm that soothes your spirit.

Pat

10. Sigrid Saradunn
    Sigrid Saradunn at | | Reply

Love what you wrote.. and I also love the Maya A. quote.. one of my favorites.
    Peace and love