“A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke”
― Vincent van Gogh
- Begin with a noun, something that you enjoy.
- Write a sentence below it that represents your passion for it.
- Start each sentence with the last word of the previous sentence.
- Make your sentences pop with unusual pairings of verbs and nouns.
- When you feel you’re coming to the end, put the original noun at the bottom.
*Poem by Morgan Dragonwillow originally posted on A Writers Universe for OctPoWriMo 2017
Morgan Dragonwillow, author of Wild Woman Waking & Dancing within Shadow, is a Bodywork transformer, dancing poet, motivator of words, magical instigator, #StoryDam host and creatrix of #OctPoWriMo & #PoetsonthePage.
Yes, she is on Google+ too!
“Sometimes poets write what we wish we could say, and they tell us what we need to know. The poems in Wild Woman Waking lead us to a place where we can proudly refuse to be “bent and broken”; instead, they document a journey to self-acceptance, peace, and understanding – where in a community of women, we celebrate and dance as Mud Women. We become women of spirit and keepers of our own keys.” ~Beth Camp
Sign up to receive inspiration to write and dance into a wild and juicy life.